Lost Spirits is looking for fascinating team members to join our "pirate ship"
Posted July 28, 2018
SAFETY ENGINEER / ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Lost Spirits Technology, LLC Position: "HANDS-ON" Engineer BS/MS/PhD
Salary: DOE with relocation budget
Summary: Lost Spirits Technology is the world's leading innovator in distilled spirits. We are seeking 1 - 2 dynamic individuals to join our team. Our sister company, Lost Spirits Distillery, owns and operates one of the top distillery experiences in the world (2018 recipient of a Global Master Award, and named the World's Best Distillery Experience from The Spirits Business, London).
As a dynamic start-up located in DTLA we are looking for an energetic recent Ph.D-level in surrounding areas to join the team. Post-doctoral experience is a big plus however recent BS/MS-level could be considered to join the team. Previous research experience with strong communication skills is a big plus.
Compensation will commensurate with experiences and potentials for contribution to the Company. Please send resume to our email address for immediate consideration.
The position entails working on the distilled spirits industry's equivalent of the Manhattan Project. It also includes sinking your teeth into building our "Willy Wonka of Booze" Distillery.
- Bachelors Degree (Masters preferred) or equivalent experience
- History of exceptional performance in your given space
- Fun to work with but also driven and goal oriented
- 1 - 2 years of hands on fabrication experience on a professional level
- MIG / TIG welding (certification preferred)
- Must be comfortable understanding and using machine shop essentials
- Able to execute on plans
- Rapid problem solving skills
- Able to exercise good logic and independent judgement
- Fearless, not afraid to make mistakes, able to course correct quickly
- Demonstrated appreciation of aesthetic beauty in fabrication
- Start-up experience is not necessary, but a plus
- Must love learning new things
- BS or MS in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering
- Personal interest in fine distilled spirits
-Personal artistic and/or "mad scientist" streak
Full-time Salary: DOE, Stock options are available for the right skill-set and passion
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA - DTLA - with budget to relocate
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter. All applicants will be reviewed in detail. Immediate hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Safety Experience: 1 year