Lost Spirits is looking for fascinating team members to join our "pirate ship"
Posted May 14, 2018
We are seeking qualified mechanical engineering candidates to work the leading laboratory in distilled spirits. In this position you will be fabricating experimental lab test rigs and experimental production equipment. You will be working closely with the chemical engineering team in a hyper-fast-paced and demanding environment. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a team that is changing an entire industry.
The leading candidates will have:
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from a top tier university or relevant real-world fabrication experience
- A strong desire to get their hands dirty
- A love of distilled spirits
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Welding skills are a plus
- Electrical engineering skills are a big plus
- Major bonus points for a love of theatrical robots
You will have the opportunity to work in the production lab and also assist the R&D team and learn to distill some of the world’s best spirits. All of our team help build some of the themed spaces and teach the public about our work during lab tours.
Lost Spirits offers an intense start-up lifestyle, where you will be working with a small team of electrical engineers, materials scientists, chemical engineers, inventors, artists, and computer scientists.
The multi-disciplinary team is a joy to work with and the job is a dream job for the right person.
Lost Spirits is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. This isn't just a legal requirement. We enjoy having a diverse team. That being said, we do discriminate against candidates who lack creativity, ingenuity, or are generally grumpy.